/

Kabul Province

Kabul is located in Central Afghanistan and has a covering area of 4,642 km². It consists of 18 districts which are further divided into villages. The Kabul city serves as the provincial capital which is also the capital of Afghanistan. More than 80% of the provincial population are residing in urban areas.

It is the most popular province of Afghanistan with an estimated population of 5.402 million which is multi ethnic. 80% of the population is living in metropolitan areas while the remaining 20% are living in rural districts. The Tajik ethnicity dominates the province with 40% of the total population followed by Pashtuns and Hazaras who take up 35% and 15% respectively. There are a small number of Uzbeks, Turkmen, Balochs and Hindus as well who are residing in the province. As of language ,Dari and Pashtu dominates as these are the two languages widely used in the region.

Kabul is located 6,000 feet above sea level and that’s why it is considered as one of the world’s highest capital cities. Kabul is basically a valley surrounded by mountains; the Koh-e-Paghman mountain region is in the east, on the south west of Kabul is the Koh-e-Qrough mountain region and northeast is covered with Koh-e-Shirdarwaza mountain region. Kabul has one river which is also known as Kabul River, it originates from the Paghman Mountain and runs toward east from where it passes Jalalabad city and then moves to Dakka, after this it enters the Pakistan territory and falls in great Indus river.

Kabul’s  climate is dry or semi-dry, extreme level of fluctuations occur in temperature from night to day, season to season and place to place. The coolest month of the year is January and the hottest is July. Some places in Kabul also witness snowfall in winters.

Muhammad Yaqub Haidari is the present governor of the province. Afghan National Police (ANP) is responsible for all the law enforcement activities in the province which is backed by Afghan National Security Forces (ANSF). A provincial police chief has been assigned to administer Afghan National Police (ANP) and he represents the Ministry of Interior of Kabul.

Kabul can be described as a business hub of Afghanistan it produces natural gas, cotton, carpets agricultural products and also have some other small production companies. It has strong trade ties with other countries like USA, UK, Germany, France, Russia, Pakistan, China & e.t.c. The economy of Kabul has increased by 3,500% with respect to last 2 decades. Afghanistan has been introduced by a new currency, new businesses are coming in, many American companies are interested in New Kabul and some of them had already opened their branches.

The economy of Kabul is booming drastically due to which cost of living is also going up and housing cost also jumped. This can be challenging for non-educated Afghans who cannot support themselves. The Government is also trying to revive the tourism industry. In 1960s and 1970s the Kabul economy was primarily dependent on tourism, but it has been demolished in recent past and needs immediate attention.

Kabul is the center of annual buzkashi, cricket and football torments where teams from all over Afghanistan gather and take participation in domestic tournaments. There are also teams of basketball, golf, boxing, snooker and chess in Kabul which participates in local tournaments as well as go on tours to other Asian countries.

The healthcare sector and education sector has shown a slightest improvement with respect to previous years. Kabul is considered as Afghanistan’s center for education, students both male and female from all other provinces comes to Kabul for higher education.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More